Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, August 30, 2015

New Jacket x 2 and update

Update -I am still not in the best place at the moment but I also know it will take a long time to get back to normal.  Good news - I have sold my Pfaff ! Whoop whoop - so glad it will be going to a good home - to someone who will use it to its full potential.

I have started work on two jackets. One a Steampunk jacket for the museum exhibition and the other a Steampunk/post apocalyptic jacket !!  So far I have made a start on the background fabric - below is a photo of the piece which will be the side panels of the museum piece - it measures 112 cm x 85cm.  The other is a sample which I will use to work out colours for both jackets.


I have also started the background fabric (which will be the same) for the whole of the second jacket but this piece measures 150cm x 2.5 metres - so this is going to be a long project!!

Update - finished the sample piece - measured 35cm x 44cm - cut in half - one piece for each jacket.  The first one then looked like this..



And dipped in this.....

however currently looks a little dark? Hope this idea works! When it's dry I will be stitching into it too.

No comments: