Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Book Review - part 1



I was asked to review the India Flint books - so far I have read Eco Colour -  it is a lovely book - the photos are amazing.  The text is really informative and encouraging.  I was particularly interested in bundled eco prints - I have started two of my own - the top one is hot bundled and the bottom is cold bundled.  To summarize the book India advocates experimenting.  The results are very dependent on materials used, local differences etc. The book gives lots of information on plant matter, how to process etc and then goes on to explain that climate, water properties etc will make such a difference that you need to experiment and test.  The main this is Patience!! I will let you know the results of my dyeing in a future post - once dried and opened.  Patience is something I don't have but will try not to poke these two bundles..  I will start to read Second Skin soon and will report back.  In the meantime I would suggest you read the book and visit India's website: http://www.indiaflint.com/

No comments: